February 02, 2007

focus on the first


Hopefully, you have picked the two artists you're going to investigate for February. I've decided to focus on the playwright Moliere and the painter Edgar Degas.

I know a couple of Moliere's plays and have even "modernized" one of them for fun but I'm not an expert on his entire body of work so I have chosen to further explore what he was up to "back in the day" as a dramatist and a person.

I recently walked through the Getty and was slightly disturbed by a Degas bather so I decided to throw him into the mix.

The goal this month is to gain a better understanding of the works created by these artists and also to learn about their personal lives and the worlds that surrounded them as they worked.

TODAY'S CREATIVITY CHALLENGE:

Focus on Artist #1 - the artist who worked in your medium - and identify, as thoroughly as you can, their entire body of work. Track down a comprehensive list of their creations.

All you have to accomplish today is the list that provides a guide from their earliest work to their last.

No comments:

Post a Comment