March 26, 2007

"Three things cannot long be hidden the sun, the moon, and the truth.”
- Confucious


What does it feel like to recognize the truth of a dream? For me, the big sign that I’ve been shown a fundamental personal truth is that I burst into tears. That’s not an exaggeration, I actually burst into tears for about 30 seconds and then it’s over.

It’s rare that a dream moves me to tears but when it happens, you better believe I pay attention! I have learned these tears are not sadness but are instead the way my body releases tension and expresses a profound touch to my heart. It’s taken me a long time not to judge these “truth tears” and to stop stuffing them back down. I kept placing the improper interpretation upon them. I called them “despair” or “upset” when in fact, they are joyful, tears of relief! It’s my body’s way of saying to me:

I’ve been banging you over the head for a month about this, thank God you finally heard me!

People respond to truth in numerous ways. A friend recently told me that she becomes physically sick if she’s doing something “off her path” while another friend uses the phrase “the chill of truth” which reminds me of those tingles you get up and down your spine.

TODAY’S CREATIVITY CHALLENGE:

Tonight, give yourself 10 or 15 minutes in bed, alone, to meditate. Dim the lights and if you want, listen to some music. Use our “Watering The Garden” or our “Fruit Morphing” meditations to center yourself.

Tell your subconscious that you are ready to face a truth. Ask your dreams to make this truth very clear to you by showing you very literal representations and speaking to you clearly. Thank your subconscious in advance for the help it is going to give you tonight.

When you wake up and write down your dream, notice how your body is responding. Are you sleepy and numb? Is your stomach in knots? When you feel something, stop and breathe into it. Clear your mind and take a moment to listen internally. What is your body trying to tell you right now? How is it related to the dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment