June 28, 2007

update on me

Remember that book proposal from last July? Well, finally, almost a year to the day later - we have a publisher meeting! I’ll be in NYC the week of July 9th and busy with publisher and publicity meetings as we negotiate moving the book forward toward publication in 2008. It’s hard to believe it’s been a year since I was last in NY.

I would love to meet up with my NY friends while in town. Shoot me an email and let me know if you're there that week.

Tisch West is wrapping up a full year of LA programming and I will be stepping down as the Chair in July. We accomplished a lot and I’m proud of everything we made happen. I’m actually looking forward to attending a Tisch West event because I want to and not because I’m running it!

I’m most excited about my new TV show, THE WIDOWS, which is a one-hour drama set in the coal fields of WV. A recent group of widows have to deal with the Hollywood invasion after the highly publicized deaths of their husbands in a mining accident. CAA has come on to rep the project. Fox and CBS are interested and I am totally excited about it. I am hoping we will be able to shoot in WV in the Fall – we just have to find our buyer and connect talent but I feel confident that this script will find it’s home. It would really be a dream come true to be able to write in my OWN voice for my OWN show and be able to reach a national audience.

My new play, HOW CISSY GREW, had a well-attended reading in May and it looks like the show is moving toward production. We are hoping to keep the production out here in LA so we can keep our wonderful cast attached.

That's what is doing out here in LA - shoot me an email and let me know what you're up to.

SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment