April 02, 2009

oh my goodness gracious!


On Monday night, among a standing-room only crowd, I won LA Weekly’s 30th Annual Theatre Award for Playwriting!!!!!

The crazy thing is they forgot to say my name during the list of the nominees so when they said I was the winner, I thought they were just announcing me as a nominee so I didn't get up!!! Everyone was jumping up and down and screaming at me to go up to the stage!!!! I was so confused. And then the spotlight hit me and I completely freaked out.
See photo above of me completely freaking out - enjoy!

I truly have no idea what I said in front of that microphone so let me say it now –

Thanks to Casey Stangl and John Spokes, Jamie Denton and Erin J. O’Brien and Victor Williams for believing in HOW CISSY GREW and making the production happen. Thanks to Jamie, Erin, Liz Vital and Stewart Calhoun (YOU WERE ROBBED!!!) for bringing the characters to life. Thanks to every member of our crew and marketing team who built and sold an absolutely gorgeous production that rivaled any regional!!!

Thanks to The MacDowell, The Echo Theatre, The NYU Grad Actors Collective, NYU Writer’s Lab West, The Tisch West Alumni Council, The Wednesday Ladies, SeaGlass Theatre, The El Portal, C. Josephine Hagerty, Nick Mills, Betsy Reisz, Ned Menoyo, Megan McNulty, Michael Goldenberg, Julia Cho, David Rock, Maura Teitelbaum and Abrams Artists Agency.

MUCH LOVE TO ALL OF OUR FANS – I WISH YOU ALL COULD HAVE BEEN THERE TO HELP ME CELEBRATE.

NEXT STOP – THE OSCARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment