December 01, 2006

let go and let the daily creators

Life is funny, Daily Creators. I had every intention of turning our December daily exercises into an extensive, list making month cataloguing the inventory of our past work, current work and future work. In my head, I was already making lists and then I visited my friend’s website: http://madalynaslan.com/horoscope.html and my head just blew off.

Madalyn has a real gift and every time I read my horoscope on her site, she nails me. This is what my horoscope said:

Let it go, Aquarius, just let it go. Not everything is rational.

You are just catching your breath - and this is a good thing. This December you get a lift as the creative Moon lights you up - and eureka!

You see something brilliant and I advise you to write it down at once. Throw out the lists you've been making - why waste your time?

Play a little.

Wonderful love-time awaits. So say bye to the pressure and grab the opportunity with both hands.

In terms of TIMING, just remember you may be acting with too much haste. The intention is great, but watch that your eagerness doesn't scatter your energies.

Take a time out until mid-December, and avoid making any major decisions.

Enormous changes are happening all around you. I urge you to go with the flow.

The Beatles were right. It really is all about love. Love, Love, Love.

The fact of the matter is Madalyn is right. December is the perfect time to blow off the business, take that time out and just enjoy the holidays, the social gatherings, the love you have for your friends, family or chosen family.

Daily Creators, I am in completely uncharted waters here because I’m throwing out my control manual and taking Madalyn’s advice to Play, Love, Let It Go.

Play is the root of what I do – I am a “play”wright – and as artists, creative play as children nurtured in us the desire to create more and more. Have we lost our sense of play? Has our art become about work and business?

Love – as artists we do love our work deeply. If we didn’t love it then why would we still be pursuing that dream in the face of adversity? Can you still feel that love for your art? Can you allow that love to be expressed in the entirety of your life?

Let It Go – I am such a control freak that I have no idea what to write here! What does it mean to let go of the outcome? What does it mean to stop trying to control your creativity and allow it full reign to express itself? What would that look like?

TODAY’S CREATIVITY CHALLENGE:

I’m letting go and reaching out to you, Daily Creators. Send in your ideas for exercises/creativity challenges that explore these themes of Love, Play and Letting Go.

How can we incorporate these three ideals into our creative work?

If you have my personal email, send to me there. If not, you can reply to the comments section of this site or if you prefer, you can email it to me at my business email: abramsclient_sj@verizon.net

I am really looking forward to seeing where this leads us.

No comments:

Post a Comment