"Performing Arts Training Today"
is inviting performers, teachers and students to the programme of practical workshops, performances, works-in-progress and presentations with performing arts experts from Russia, Singapore, Japan, Austria, UK and USA!
October 28-31, 2009
The conference is a good chance to explore contemporary methods and techniques in performing arts education and training, to establish new contacts, to exchange experiences with colleagues from different countries and to lay the foundation for future networking and collaboration!
The conference will take place in the "Green Heart" of Austria - Styria Region (Steiermark), at the historic castle of the 15th century - about 30 min from Graz Thalerhof Airport, 2.5h from Vienna by car, 40 min from Graz by car. Accommodation and meals are organized for the group.
- Japanese Noh and Suzuki techniques - Workshop and presentation by Izumi Ashizawa - actress, director, artistic director of Izumi Ashizawa Performance, Assistant Professor of Acting and Movement, University of Maryland (Japan).
- Performer's Physicality in the Methods of V.Meyerhold, M.Chekhov and K. Stanislavsky - Workshop with Sergei Ostrenko - theatre director and teacher (Russia).
- A Journey of Separation: Actor Training in Ireland - Presentation with Janice Kennedy - performing arts educator and teacher (UK).
- The Change We Should Be Making - creating a better future through the arts - Presentation with Adelina Ong - actor, performer, performing arts manager and educator (Singapore).
- Teaching Avant-Garde Piano Techniques and the New Expressive, Sonorous, Artistic, and Performance Elements they Introduce - Lecture-demonstration with elements of performance with Mira Kruja - musician, music scholar, performer and teacher (USA).
- In the cage - Work-in-progress - dance performance with Doris Hintsteiner - dancer, choreographer and teacher (Austria).
Please follow the news of the programme! The list of confirmed events is being updated regularly.
General information: http://www.iugte.com/projects/PerformingArts.php
Registration of participants: http://www.iugte.com/projects/conf.reg.php
Venue & accommodation: http://www.iugte.com/projects/leibnitz.php