International Conference "PERFORMING ARTS TRAINING TODAY"
April 14-17, 2008
Dear Colleagues, International University "Global Theatre Experience" is inviting colleagues to take part in the international performing arts conference in Slovenia. A small number of places for FREE participation in all events of the conference program are available on a competitive basis. Accommodation and meals expenses: 150 EUR.
We shall provide you with accommodation in a hotel in twin room (three nights), two meals per day (breakfast and lunch), tea/coffee breaks. The conference will take place in Bovec, the mountain resort and the ancient alpine town located in north-western Slovenia in the Trenta valley of the Julian Alps.
PROGRAMME: workshops, performances, works in progress, readings and lectures by conference presenters from UK, Sweden, Russia and USA:
· "Psychophysical Training Through Movement Improvisation" - Workshop by John Britton - director, performer, writer and educator, Senior Lecturer in Performance at the University of Huddersfield (UK).
· "Performer's Physicality: Biomechanics (Meyerhold), Psychological gesture (M.Chekhov), Physical action (Stanislavsky)" - Workshop by Sergei Ostrenko - theatre director and teacher (Russia).
· "Reflections on the total regeneration of a post high school, professional dancers training program" - Presentation by Fay Nenander - choreographer, teacher, Senior Advisor at The Ballet Academy Stockholm (Sweden).
· "Carnival Arts and Its Impact on Arts Education" - Presentation by Shabaka Thompson - cultural activist, social engineer, Director of the Yaa Asantewaa Arts and Community Centre, CEO of Carnival Village based in Notting Hill (UK).
· "Arts Education and the Disaffected Student" - Presentation by Annie Cornbleet - teacher, education consultant, expert in Creativity and the use of Arts Education, co-founder of CETTIE - Cultural Exchange Through Theatre In Education (UK).
· "Splendid Mummer" by Lonne Elder. A monodrama on the life of the outstanding Black actor: Ira Aldridge" - Presentation by Shango Baku - actor, writer, director, journalist, Artistic Director of CETTIE - Cultural Exchange Through Theatre In Education (UK).
· "Approaches to Movement-Based Theater" - Performance and lecture-demonstration by Pal Bernstein - performer, instructor of physical theater, professor at Rutgers University (USA).
REGISTRATION:To apply, candidates should send a CV and a brief letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the title, dates and location of the event.
PROGRAMME DETAILS: http://www.iugte.com/projects/theatre_conference.php ACCOMMODATION and VENUE: http://www.iugte.com/projects/Bovec.venue.php
"Global Theatre Experience" (IUGTE)
T. +44 020 8133 2593